Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Oh, Just Charge It!

So last week I got a bill from Kacia's cafeteria stating that we owe $8.25. I was sure it was a mistake, Kacia has never once ordered hot lunch. So I asked her about lunch, and no, she'd never had it. As the questions continued coming, the truth, ever so slowing, starting emerging. You see, the school gives each kid and ID # that they can use to "charge" their lunch. I had never bothered teaching Kacia hers because it's quite a long # and I never planned on her needing it. But as she started to confess, I realized that my sweet little girl was "charging" chocolate milks! 15 chocolate milks to be exact! She, like so many others, never thought the day would come when we'd have to pay for the milk, afterall, she just gives them her # and they hand her over a chocolate milk! Oh, so early to be learning the harsh reality (and thus consequences) of charging things!

1 comment:

The Earnhardt Family said...

Jenny, that is so funny. I'm crackin up. She is so smart to figure it all out and learn her number.