Friday, January 15, 2010

Finally- It's Payday

So Kacia was telling me today how the hospital experience on Christmas Eve was probably the worst day of her life. She went on about how bad her arm hurt, how she was worried, and how she didn't like the shots she had to have. Then she asked me if the hospital was my worst day too. But then, before I could answer, she went on to talk about how it probably was my worst day because Dad had said it hurt me a lot, and there were shots (iv) and blood involved. So I asked her what she was talking about because I didn't have any shots or anything that night. So then she goes on to explain- "The time you were at the hospital and I came out of your tummy." To which I quickly answered that was most definitely not my worst day, in fact it was one of my very favorite days! This brought about only more questions, I mean honestly, how could a painful day be a favorite day? But as I explained to her, that yes that day hurt my body, but it was the best because after 9 months of carrying her in my tummy I finally got to see, hold, touch and kiss my healthy, beautiful baby! She smiled and asked more questions about what she was like as a baby, and details, always more details. (One answer with this child only brings about 10 more questions!)
Then Rylin, who has been listening to this entire conversation gets my attention, and says, "Here Mom, this is for you. For carrying me in your tummy, thanks." Then she hands me a penny from her wallet! A penny!! Oh the wonderful mind of a four year old! Within a matter of seconds, she handed me 2 more, for Kacia and Lincoln. Finally, some compensation for all the hard and exhausting work of being a mother! :)

1 comment:

My name is Breanna... said...

ok, stop that, you made me cry :)! Seriously though, God gave you two of the most sensitive, passionate, and tender hearted girls I've ever known. They have this aunties heart!