Thursday, December 03, 2009

Thanksgiving Pictures

The twins looking far too old!
Me & my boy!
Alex entertaining the girls
Kevin makes really good gravy- not a gift of mine!
Breanna always does a great job with the turkey. I've discovered that I actually do like it when it's cooked right! Don't know how I've escaped having to make one, but I hope my luck doesn't run out because I'd be clueless!
We had a wonderful thanksgiving this year. We were missing some of our normal company- the Bonnins and Washington siblings, so it seemed a little more empty without them, and we hope that next year, they can all join us again. But at the same time, it was one of the most relaxed, stress-free thanksgivings I can remember (not that any of the above mentioned people are stressful!). And as we sat around the table- the ten of us- laughing and being silly, I was reminded of how truly thankful I am that God brought my sister and her entire family down to Redding so many years ago. They are such an important part of our daily lives and it is such a true blessing to be able to experience life with them. The twins- now in 8th grade, started kindergarten in Redding, and I think of how much we would have missed out on if God had not moved them here. So as we laughed about Rylin being thankful for jello, and Alex for world peace (he was spinning off of Kacia's very beauty-pageant answer of "friends and family") inside I said a silent prayer, thanking my Father for His incredible sovereignty in leading our families to grow up together! We love you Pete, Breanna, Michael, Allie and Alex!

No comments: