Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My kids make me laugh...

Here's a few funny things I heard in my home today. There's always a few quotes that make me smile everyday.
Rylin: "I put a headband on because I needed my face to be out of my hair."

Kacia: "Mom, I've got great news! I'm a real reader! It's true, I can read all the words now."

Lincoln: "Backback, backback."(With accompanied dance moves and rocking hips when Dora sings backpack, backpack)

And this conversation in the car after school:
Kacia: "Oh, I think I lost Wolly." (a small stuffed animal from Uncle James and Samantha that hangs on her backpack)
Rylin (so concerned): "Oh, Kacia, I'm so sorry. Don't be sad, I will help you find it."
Kacia (very matter of factly): "It's okay Rylin. Because, you see, I don't really need toys and stuffed animals so much anymore. When I was little like you, I did really like stuffed animals, but now that I am big I just like things like chapter books instead."
Mom: "Does that mean you don't want any toys for Christmas? Just books?"
Kacia (realizing the implications of what she had just said): "Well, that's okay, you can still get me toys- if you want. I don't care, I don't think I need books for Christmas...."

No comments: