Sunday, December 07, 2008

My 3 Year Old!







So Rylin is now 3! We were able to celebrate her birthday on her birthday this year (the 22nd), since it managed to be quite a few days before Thanksgiving this time. She was quite funny about her day and trying to understand what the day meant. When she woke up and Kevin told her "Happy Birthdday", she said "no not yet, not my party yet". Kevin told her that her birthday lasted the entire day, not just her party, but she kinda understood. We did a no-prep, no clean-up party at Chuck E. Cheese's, so as we are pulling into the parking lot at 5 o'clock, she starts clapping and exclaims, "Yeah, Chuck E. Cheese, its my birthday!!!" She was also funny after she blew out her candles, she cups her mouth and whispers to me "Mom, me 3 now?" "Yes, honey, you're 3." "But right now, now me 3?!" "Yes!" "Okay."
This day also marked a big moment for Kevin and I. We have officially survived 3 years of very poor sleep. I think that there have maybe been 2 months (spread out) of Rylin's life where she actually slept through the night. Some of you may think I'm exaggerating, but sadly this is true. We have tried just about everything from numerous books, and still she has remained a very restless sleeper, who awakens numerous times a night. But somehow, during the day, when she is being her silly self, singing songs, dancing along with Dora, or cackling her funny laugh, we manage to forget the frustrations of the night, because she is truly one fun kid! She has a way of making people laugh and smile, she is quite passionate, active and adorable! She is an incredible blessing in my life, our home would definitely be lacking if it were not for the personality she brings to it. My beautiful, blue eyed baby may not be growing physically very quickly, but I am constantly reminded of how fast she is growing up.

No comments: