Sunday, December 07, 2008

My Patient

So my little Rylin had her tonsils and adnoids out on Friday. She has been quite miserable ever since. I must admit that by today (day 4) my patience are wearing thin with all of the whining and clinginess, but that's probably due more to sleep deprivation than anything else. She has been a pretty good trooper overall. She hates the medicine and that is a struggle every 4 hours, but considering how bad it smells, I can't say I blame her. She is very hungry (I can hear and feel her tummy growl), but she takes one bite of something and never wants a second. Kacia is so compassionate and kind when someone is sick (I'd be surprised if she didn't end up being a nurse or something like that), but I think she was glad to go back to school today. Lincoln did really well on Friday and Saturday, needing me only for food, then he decided to cut his 1st teeth, so yesterday and today (and last night!) have been difficult. But the overall goal is more and better sleep, amongst other stuff, like the ability to swallow food comfortably. So for now, one day at a time, and hopefyully in another week or two, she'll be feeling better than she has in a very long time!

No comments: