Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Retreat- A True Treat!

This last weekend I got to go on our annual Women's Retreat up in Ashland, Oregon. I was a little concerned as to how much of a "retreat" it would be since my mom duties were following me in the form of a truly cute 3 month old. Well, I was so impressed with how great Lincoln did! He is such a content an easy-going baby, he didn't really change the experience for me all that much. (Hopefully, my gracious roommates feel the same way!) Yes, I sat in the back of the conference room for most of the sessions, taking notes were out of the question, and as far as feeding in public settings go, I had to get over that, but all in all, I was still able to listen, worship, be with friends, and of course- shop! Our speaker did a wonderful job of using more Scripture than her own thoughts, and the focus was on God's Faithfulness, despite our faithlessness. I came home encouraged and ready to serve my family (until Monday hit, then I was ready to go back for just a little longer! Man, 5 year old attitudes are really something sometimes!)
And you want to know a real treat? When I came home, Kevin had cleaned the house! Based on past experiences this was quite the opposite of what I expected. And not only did he pick up, he got additional things done, light bulbs that had been out for awhile, a wobbly toilet seat that needed to be changed, cleaning out the fridge, separating the girls' bunkbeds... He was busy, he survived, and the girls had a lot of fun! All in all, a great weekend! (We missed you Meg!)

1 comment:

The Earnhardt Family said...

A true retreat indeed! That is soooo wonderful! (both the women's retreat itself AND all that Kevin did for you while you were away) That's so great!

I tried to take our youngest to our Women's Retreat this past May, she was only 4 weeks old, and she is NOT a content baby :-) So I had to continually tell myself that the "retreat" was merely just getting away from being a mom of three and just getting to be a mom of one for the weekend, enjoying the beautiful surroundings, hanging out with friends when I could, etc. :-)

I'm glad you had such a great time and that your husband did so many wonderful things for you! It's like it's Mother's Day all over again!!!