Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Thoughts

So something hit me earlier this week. It was Dr. Appt day, and I had about 45 minutes in between appointments, the girls were with Grandma, so I decided to take advantage of the alone time and run a few errands. As I was waddling down the sidewalk (yes, I waddle now!), and getting smiles from complete strangers as they notice my belly which is quite hard not to notice, I realized that any day now will be the last day I am ever pregnant! And although I am so excited to see and hold and love this little baby, and am anxious to once again be able to bend over and pick up something on the floor, or get out of bed without having to come up with a strategy first, I am going to miss being pregnant! I love feeling the baby move, I love watching my girls talk to the baby and rub lotion on my tummy, I love how at any time, any where, someone always has something to say. I love the excitement and build up for delivery day. And although this touch of nostalgia does not make me doubt our decision to be done at #3, (at all!) it does help me to not be so focused on getting this baby out, but rather, to fully enjoy every day he kicks, rolls, punches and hiccups inside keeping me awake with his movements rather than his cry!

No comments: