Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Retreat

My dear friend Suzy, joined us for a 2nd year. It's proven to be the best way to spend time together, and we are all so thankful she is willing to drive a little farther to meet up with us.
(I think we must be standing on a slope, I mean I know I'm short, but really??!!)
Our committee being a little silly with fruit from the centerpieces.
I love Women's Retreat! I look forward to it every year and every year it goes by too quickly!! This last weekend was no exception. The fellowship was wonderful, the games and shopping fun, the testimonies of my friends giving God glory for the work He has done and continues to do in their lives encouraging, and the challenges from the Word- incredible. So much to chew on as I sift through my notes, so much to work on, the conviction both overwhelming and yet welcome. I could make this a long post, with all the thoughts going on in my head, but instead I'll leave it with a verse that's been on repeat mode in my head: James 1:22 "But prove yourselves doers of the Word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves."

No comments: