Friday, October 01, 2010

More Disneyland...











So this is my problem with being on facebook, and maintaining a blog. I realized I posted our pics from Disneyland on fb, but didn't document them here- which is more for me and the ability to quickly look back on certain years/months to remember what my kids were into.
So here's a few pics for those of you who are not on fb, and here's a few highlights I want to make sure to remember:
Kacia loving all the 'big' rides, but then leaning over and telling me in the middle of Indiana Jones, very matter-of-factly but not overly scared- "I HATE this ride." (She did decide later in the week it was fun, if you didn't look at all the spooky decorations). Kacia convincing me to go on Tower of Terror even though I don't love it, and then sitting at the top and wondering to myself why I was totally freaked out and she had the biggest grin on her face.
Kevin being so happy that he could share Space Mtn, Splash Mtn, Terror, etc with the girls and they liked it and wanted to go on them. Kevin actually staying off his phone and laptop for the majority of the week- something completely foreign to us!
Rylin practicing in the hotel room how to make herself taller after being told she was too small the first time she tried to go on Soaring. Then stretching so much she made the attendants laugh, and they let her go. She came running out to Lincoln and me- "Mom, I flew! I was flying right over you!!!" Rylin surprising me with her bravery and desire to go on every single ride she was tall enough for. Rylin trying to figure out what was real vs. pretend, "Is that real mom?" repeat, repeat, repeat (& hearing my realist Kacia answer her sister, no that's just a costume, etc.)
Lincoln being extremely hesitant at EVERYTHING in the beginning. It took him at least 2 times on most things to be able to relax enough to like it. Lincoln loved the Jungle Cruise, Dumbo, Teacups, and Bugs Life. He and I went on teacups 3 times in a row while the other 3 went on the Matterhorn. He's really hard to resist when he holds up his finger signaling to me "one more?" with his big, hopeful grin. Then he, Ry and I went on the caterpillar "chug chug" (train) 4 times in a row, and every time he laughed and told the caterpillar "no, no" when he burps at the end. (We went on that ride at least 15 times total, even the girls had it memorized and there's like 3+ different speeches Heimlech gives!) Lincoln wanting to like the characters, but honestly very scared of them. After they walked away he would do his sign for high 5, telling me he wanted to give them a high 5, but refusing to actually do so when they offered it. Loving, however, the princesses, and needing to make sure they always held his hands for the pictures.
A truly fun week with my family! What a blessed wife and mother I am!

No comments: