Tuesday, April 13, 2010

This One Hurt!

The Tooth Fairy's Amazon order finally arrived and she received the 2nd book she has been wanting!
The gap on the bottom is from the tooth she pulled out on Easter. I tried to not get too close since the top gap is still very fresh!
Losing this tooth hurt a little more than the others- not for Kacia but for us! There is just something different about losing a top front tooth! That big hole in her mouth just screams "I'm growing up and you can't stop me!" I am so glad she has eased us into this losing teeth process a little by starting off with the bottom teeth. This now marks her 4th baby tooth that we have said goodbye to, and there are still 2 more that are loose!
Last night she got out of bed and asked Kevin to see if it was ready. After having already been told more than once to stay in bed, he told her he would try in the morning. So about an hour passes and my daughter comes out totally thrilled holding her tooth. After rinsing and checking the mirror, she went and sat on Kevin's lap for a little while. Being my "know-it-all" she has to add, "See Dad, I told you I thought it was ready!" To which he replies, "I know. I just didn't want it to come out. I want to superglue all your teeth so they never come out!" This brought about an interesting conversation about what it would look like if adults still had all their baby teeth. Obviously, she kinda missed the point- to Dad, the teeth symbolize growing up, so maybe if he can stop the teeth, he can stop the growing up part too!

No comments: