Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

My kids LOVE the pumpkin patch! It's not a rare thing to be asked in the middle of February when we get to go to the pumpkin patch, and then later to be asked again in May, July, etc. (I think you get the picture!) So when October hit, they were super excited that it was finally pumpkin patch time. Kacia got to go earlier in the month with her girl scout troop and Rylin had such a great attitude about Kacia going and her not, that the next day, I surprised Rylin and took her and Lincoln to our "smaller" patch. It was the middle of the day in the middle of the week, so pretty empty. The kids walked through the patch, talked to the animals and played on the playground. We picked out little pumpkins, spent a total of $2.50, and that 1/2 hour just made my little girl's day!
Then this week, Kacia's class went on a field trip to the "bigger" patch and I and the kiddos came along too. It was fun, but got a little hectic trying to push the stroller in thick gravel and then carrying Lincoln and pumpkins (my own kids' and Kacia's classmates') through the patch back to the train was a bit much for one mamma. So last night, we went to Family Night so that Kevin could come too. It's way more fun with my family complete, and being there with friends was a great bonus too. It got dark a little too quickly to be able to do everything that is offered, but hopefully my kids finally got their fill of the pumpkin patch.

Me with my crazy & silly kiddos
These were the most social and engaging cows I have ever been around. They just kept mooing and my kids just kept laughing! Lincoln loved them- that is until they made eye contact and mooed simultaneously, or when more than one mooed at a time. But he did kinda learn a new word. Now when you say "what does a cow say?" he goes "mmmm." Does that count as a word?
Playing in the corn box
Sawyer and Kacia on the cow train
Kevin and Lincoln
Megan and Fisher
Rylin riding Betsy
Now hopefully, that was enough trips to the farm to hold them over, at least for a few months!

No comments: