Sunday, August 09, 2009

A Look at the Last Ten...

Celebrating 10 years of marriage with the girls at the Rivercats game
Our 1st date, November 22, 1997 (8 years later this would become Rylin's birthday!)
The best day of my life- August 7, 1999
2000
Matt & Ali's wedding in Minnesota 2001
Fenway Park 2002 East Coast/baseball vacation
Sleep deprivation entered our lives in 2003
Celebrating 5 years in Maui 2004
Christmas at Disneyland and the beach 2005
Lake Tahoe getaway 2006
Disneyworld 2007
Rylin's b-day 2008
Kevin and I celebrated our 10th anniversary last Friday. It wasn't quite the trip to Bora Bora that we had wanted, but a family day in Sacramento is better than a day at home! Our brother-in-law Andrew graduated from the CHP academy so we were there with a big chunk of the family. At the end of the day we went to a Sacramento Rivercats (the A's AAA team) game with the girls and grandpa. We got to sit on the grass behind the outfield, so it was a really fun and relaxing way to experience a "real" game. The girls loved the 7th inning stretch (they'd been practicing the song for awhile) and Kacia's goal was to get on the big screen, so every time music came on, she was on her feet dancing. Sadly for her she has 2 parents with no rhythm, but she had fun and we enjoyed watching the girls be so silly together!
This past week I have felt so fortunate as I've reflected on my ten years of marriage! Growing up I never knew that being married could be so "easy" and peaceful. I don't really know what I expected when I got married at the wise old age of 20, but as Kevin and I have grown up together these last 10 years, I have realized over and over again what a smart choice I made in my husband :) (or rather what an incredible man God has gifted to me!) I really do feel that aside from salvation, Kevin is the greatest gift I have ever received. To think that I have a companion to go through everything with is truly an incredible blessing! Don't get me wrong, we do not have the perfect marriage, afterall our marriage is a union of 2 imperfect people, but I have learned that this union is worth investing in and is worth protecting. It is under Kevin's leadership that I have grown in my walk with the Lord, it is Kevin's arms that have held me when life has hurt, it is Kevin's voice that encourages me through difficult days, it is Kevin I get excited to share good news with, it is Kevin I rely upon to guide my family, it is Kevin that I would always pick first to spend time with. I am truly a blessed woman! In ten years of marriage, Kevin has never once raised his voice at me and has never left the toilet seat up! That's quite amazing if you ask me!

No comments: