Friday, July 24, 2009

Swim Lessons







So the girls did swim lessons the first 2 weeks of July. Kacia has always loved being in the water and can hold her breath for very long periods of time. She can get just about wherever she wants with her head under, behind in the air and feet kicking like crazy. But it was time to learn some strokes. Her class was perhaps a little too challenging for her, but she does well being pushed. They learned a bunch of different strokes, breathing techniques, and even began diving. She loved it, but was exhausted every time since they would swim the full length of the pool many times. She would often say to me, "Why does Sam work us so hard?" But he was a very kind and patient instructor and Kacia came away knowing quite a bit more than she had started with, as well as a little case of swimmer's ear!
Now Rylin has never liked the water. It has been a fairly recent thing for her to even enjoy bath time, so we knew lessons were very needed for her, but also, would not be easy! I opted to do them at 5 so that Kevin could be there with me in case my little blondie caused some problems. And she did... the first 2 lessons she cried, and sometimes even screamed through. But once she learned that her teacher, although she made her dunk her head, would not let her drown- she began to have fun! By the end of the first week she was sad we didn't have lessons on the weekend, and week 2 she had a total blast! I can now not keep her little head above water, she just wants to swim, swim, swim! And this is a very good thing since summers in Redding are best spent in water!

2 comments:

My name is Breanna... said...

Ok, we just had a little argument about who the cutie in the first two pictures was. I KNEW it was Rylin, but Allie insisted it was Kacie! We know who was right, but can't believe our little Rylin is getting so old that they can confuse her with her big sissy!

Way to go to my two BIG little girls - Who are still my little girls:)!!!

My name is Breanna... said...

I Do know how to spell KACIA'S name,,,,sorry about giving her a diffent name in the comment:):):)