Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saying Goodbye to the Highchair

So our highchair is 5 1/2 years old and it is finally time to say goodbye. There are so many pictures I have of each kid with this same chair in the background. The pics of Kacia's first b-day are not digital prints and I couldn't get the scanner to work, so those will have to wait, but here are the other two.
Rylin on her first birthday

Oh, my beautiful baby girl!


Lincoln enjoying the biter biscuit I swore I would never buy again. But hey, when you get desperate enough to cook dinner without tripping over someone who refuses to leave your ankles, it's amazing the sacrifices you make!

Plus, by the innocent look on his face, one just can't imagine the disgusting mess that remains after the biscuit has been finished.

...and this is why I'm getting rid of the highchair! No matter how tight I buckle him in, he finds a way to squirm out of it and stand up. Literally seconds after I took this pic, I made a lifesaving grab! I was able to get a fistful of his pj's before he plummeted to the wood floor head first. (I can't imagine what would've happened if he'd been naked!). All this to say, we've moved on to the chair that sits on a chair, and a tray that touches his belly so he can't stand up (at least not yet!).

No comments: