Friday, March 13, 2009

The Blogger Slacker!

Lincoln and Landon are only 10 days a part!
They were kind of like little puppy dogs crawling all over each other, pulling hair, and Lincoln's favorite game- stealing the pacifier.
Kacia getting a little too close to Weston- she's going to be my little flirt!

So I know I have slacked a little recently! I had good intentions of posting at the beginning of the week, but in all honesty, I don't know where this week went!
Well, last week Kevin went down south to the Shepherd's Conference. He had a great time, came home with a completely new library (we already needed bookshelves after selling our entertainment center, now we really need some!) and feeling a little nostalgic of our college days. But while he was gone, my very dear friend Suzy came down to visit with her 3 boys. Suzy and I have been friends since I was in the 7th grade! It is hard to believe we hadn't seen each other in 4 years! She hadn't met Rylin or Lincoln and I hadn't met her youngest, Landon. But there are those friendships that are just rooted in such a strong way that not "seeing" each other doesn't really change the friendship, and this is one of those. We've walked through a lot of life together, there are bonds that just go beyond distance. We talk on the phone and read each others blogs, but it was so great to spend time together- to watch our kids interact and play, to stay up late eating ice cream and talking, and just catching up on lost time. I greatly appreciate her making the drive down from Oregon. I think it is good neither of us knew that she would have to face snow, hail and buckets of rain beforehand, but hopefully it was worth it in the long run (it was for me!). Her boys don't love the camera, so I unfortunately only got pics of Landon and I snuck a picture of Weston, her 7 year old. Somehow I didn't get one of Logan (he's 5) or the two of us! I guess we used her camera more than mine!
Thanks for coming Molens!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

We had such a great time! I can't find my camera cord, so I haven't posted my pics yet! I cherished that time we had together. Thanks for having us!