Monday, February 23, 2009

What's New with Kacia


So what's going on with Kacia these days? We took her training wheels off of her bike this weekend. This was something that was long overdue. She was so excited, and then quite hesitant. She wouldn't pedal fast enough to even make Kevin jog, but after some "pep talk" (telling her everyone we know who can do it) she is quite anxious to get out there and try it again. Too bad the rain is keeping her and her competitive spirit indoors.
In other news, I think she might be a democrat. They watched the swearing in of our new president at school and she now seems to have an overwhelming amount of respect for him. Everytime she sees a magazine cover with him, she thinks we need to buy it and everytime we flip the tv channels and he's on, she thinks we "have" to watch it. It has brought about some interesting discussions and we are reminded by our 5 year old that God does command us to respect and pray for our leaders. It is also a good tool as I can continue to attempt to tame her tongue and attitude- "Would you talk to President Obama like that?" (I should clarify that I do use other examples and Scripture as well :) .)
She is also a big fan of country music. We primarily listen to the "Seeds" cd's in our car, but every once in awhile I need a break and will put on one of my cd's. I now get requests for "hey son, what's your problem" (Carrie Underwood- All American Girl) and "Juliet" (Taylor Swift- Love Story). When I hear how quickly my 3 and 5 year old can learn a song and sing along, it makes me think twice about what we listen to!
She is also loving her Bible. She loves to find our memory verse of the week in her Bible and then she will challenge herself to find it over and over again. She also loves to sit next to either Kevin or I when we are reading and open up her Bible to the same passage. Sometimes she looks for words on the page she can read and other times she is just content to have it open and will flip to different books to keep up with wherever we are reading. I think it is quite cute!
There's your update on our eldest!

No comments: