Friday, February 15, 2008

Baby Number 3

So with having 2 girls I get asked everywhere I go what I am having. When I reply that I don't know yet, everyone always says, "Are you hoping for a boy?" I politely reply that we would love to have a boy, but I have 2 very adorable girls, and so if I have a third girl, that will be just fine for us. It is amazing the pressure you can feel over something you have absolutely no control over! But perhaps the most difficult individual to deal with has been Kacia. She has been praying for well over a year for a baby brother. I have told her that God always hears our prayers, but sometimes He answers them differently than how we want. I told her that God can see more than we can, and always does what is best for our family. She will nod her head, and then say, "okay, but if this one is not a boy, you can just have another baby, right?!" So, yesterday we went to the dr., and after doing all the measuring, and looking around, finally she starts pointing at the screen, "So this is a leg, this is the bottom, and right there, that is a boy part!" Kevin and I were so excited! We are going to have a son!!! Kacia is absolutely thrilled, and had to add, "See mom, I was right and you were wrong, huh. Now we can have two sisters and two brothers!" To which Kevin and I both quickly added, no only one brother. And she says, "Well maybe after this baby, you can have just one more!" Nope! I told when she is the mom she can decide how many kids to have, but for Daddy and me, 3 is the perfect number. So we are all very excited and praise God that He does hear our prayers, and yes, He does always know what is best for our family (and fortunately this time that happened to be in agreement with what we wanted as well)!

3 comments:

Suzy said...

Woo hoo!!!!! SOOOOOO excited for you guys! Boys are so much fun.

Love ya!

Bette Bowles said...

Congrats Burns family from Bowles family in Kent.

Bette

Lexi and Linzi said...

YAY!!!! What fun it will be to finally see a baby boy from the Burns family:) And what fun I look forward to with having a little Kacia running around:) I think Lexi may be just like her!!!!! :) Congratulations:) God is Good!