Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sleep...Will I Ever Know it Again?

All right, so I know that sleep is something you expect to lose when you have a baby, but Rylin is 11 months old and still waking up a minimum of twice a night! The Dr. said that due to her weight (an enormous 15.4 lbs!) he would suspect she could go at least 5-6 hours without food. But lately, Rylin is not our only child interupting our sleep. For the last week and a half, Kacia has been waking up, whimpering/whining and coming to our door 2-3 times a night. And Saturday night/Sunday morning, she woke up at 3:30 and NEVER went back to sleep! Having not gotten a solid 6-8 hours of sleep in nearly a year is really starting to take its toll on me (and giving Kevin the idea that maybe two kids is all we need!). Any suggestions to get either (or both) of children to sleep more so that I can maintain my sanity would be appreciated!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I don't have any suggestions for sleeping, but I can tell you that you made me feel better! At 10.5 months Titus is only 15 lbs 9 oz. I was beginning to think I was the only mom with an incredibly small child, it's nice to know there's some 'normalcy' in being that size at that age!

Titus just started sleeping through the night about 6 weeks ago. I cluster fed him before bed, gave him a sippy with formula and a rather large bowl of rice cereal with fruit or veggies in it. I made him eat until he started batting me away because he was so full! Once we started doing that, he started sleeping through the night without much of a problem.

Good luck, I know how weary being a sleepless mom can be!

Robyn