Friday, August 26, 2011

Summer fun

So the kids and I visited the city aquatic center atleast twice a week during the summer months, sometimes more. It works really well for the ages of all my kids; Kacia has the pool to jump and do somersaults in and what not, Lincoln has the large play structure to explore, and Rylin could juggle between the two. With summer heat, water is practically a necessity, and this has been a great tool to get us out of the house and off the couch.




We also discovered this summer, that our kids can camp! This is huge to us, because this has not been something I have wanted to attempt if sleep was going to be an issue. But they all did great in the tent. In fact, if you ask Lincoln what his favorite part was, he'll say sleeping in his sleeping bag in the tent. We first spent a great and relaxing weekend with friends. We enjoyed the lake, fishing, and getting dirtier than I thought possible. Then we went back the next weekend with Kevin's extended family. I failed to charge the battery in my camera, but here is one picture of Linc doing his 2nd favorite thing- s'mores. I think I may see a tent trailer in our future....


No comments: