Thursday, August 04, 2011

July Activities...

So with the heat that comes with July, we have been spending a lot of time at the lake and the aquatic center, but on the days that we don't find water, the girls still manage to create entertainment...
They love "surprising" me with decorating the patio table and then serving me lunch. They have me sit down, read their menus (which offer yogurt, string cheese, coffee & goldfish) and then wait on me. It's quite precious.
This day reminded me of when Bre and I would attempt to play superheroes with Tim.
The 3rd & 4th grade girls from church have enjoyed getting together and learning new skills this summer. There was a sewing project, paper crafting project, baking, and then we just did flip flop decorating and pedicures yesterday. It's also been a good tool to discuss our roles as young women. Why we cook for our families, what the Bible says about fashion and vanity, etc.
Kacia also learned how to crochet this summer, which meant I first had to learn in order to teach her. Thank goodness for youtube! This was her 1st project- a scarf for her doll.
We went on a wonderful hike up in Lassen. It was a fun day getting away from everything except one another. This was one of my favorite days!

This is the hot spring lake- it was a little stinky. But it was great to know our kids could all "hike" without being held and without whining!

No comments: