Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Our Monkey

So this is my beautiful, fun, and totally crazy 14 month old Lincoln who has decided that he is no longer content with just walking and running, but needs to climb. And he climbs on everything, and he is super fast! His speed and skill make keeping a constant eye on him a must, but this is nothing new really, just the reasons have changed. He is no longer attracted to toilets like a magnet (still attracted to, but more to climb on top of so that he can get on the counter instead of eating the toilet paper that is floating in it) and he also doesn't seem to find every tiny thing on the floor and put it in his mouth, thus making choking a constant scare. Now, the fear has been switched to a major head injury from our wood floor or brick hearth. Seriously, come to my house for 10 minutes and I guarantee you will see him climb on at least 5 different things, the couch, coffee table, recliner, dining room chair & table, dollhouse, etc. The list just keeps going...
It doesn't seem like enough to climb on the couch and run from one end to the other, he also has to scale the back so he can get higher- always higher!
Here it wasn't enough to be on the table, he had to attempt to stand on the coloring box on top of the table, after all 4 more inches is 4 inches higher!
He has this routine down perfectly. He climbs on to the toychest at the end of Rylin's bed and then does a somersault/handstand onto her bed.
Then he runs to the head of her bed to get onto the dresser.
So I couldn't justify letting him stand on top of the dresser just so I could get a photo, but I'm guessing you get the point- this boy has me on my toes- from the minute he wakes up until he's snug in bed. Oh how I love bedtime!

2 comments:

Megan Bonnin said...

I think we are right behind you on this one! Glorious bedtime!

Nicole said...

A climbing monkey makes it almost impossible to get anything done around the house. I'm right with you on this one.