Friday, August 22, 2008

Kacia's First Day of School




Well, it is Friday and we have all survived the first week of school! Kacia has been tired all week, but to be honest, we all have been. I think we all would have benefited from a few days to recover from our trip and LONG car ride before school started, but such is life! Kacia loves her class and teacher! I can't believe we have entered the world of elementary school! (Kevin says kindergarten doesn't count, but it's the same building and she goes every day, all day, so I say it counts!) When I ask what they did, I don't get too many details, but then throughout the afternoon and evening, I will hear about a story they read, or a song they are learning, and a new friend she made. There was one little girl that she knew from her cousin's baseball games, and her teacher put them next to each other, so a familiar face is always nice, and Kacia makes friends easily wherever she goes.


Rylin is probably having the hardest time without Kacia. It makes for a long day for her, but she has been potty training this week, so that distraction helps. (She is doing great, by the way, she hasn't had an accident since Tuesday, which was day 1, - knock on wood!) I think this will be a good time for her and I, once she gets used to the adjustment.

2 comments:

My name is Breanna... said...

Yeah Kacia- the cutest kindegartner ever!
And way to go Rylin-No More Diapers!

Judy Stein said...

Just big girl pants for you, Rylin. Good girl! Happy kindegarten, Kacia....you are very pretty.