Wednesday, April 30, 2008

WHAT?-Bathtime is Fun?????







So Rylin has always hated baths! I don't know why, but from the time she was a baby in the small little infant bath until she moved into the tub with Kacia she has detested baths. This in turn means that I hate giving baths because they turn out to be so much more of a chore than they should be and I am disciplining the entire time instead of letting them play and enjoy themselves.



We have tried numerous things, letting her pick out the bubble bath, getting new bath toys, crayons in the tub, etc. But still my daughter would refuse to sit down in the tub, let alone relax and have fun. When we were on our snow vacation in January, she learned the word "slippery". The next time I tried to give her a bath, she through a fit, crying, "No, no, slipper, slippery!" Finally I thought I had solved the mystery- she was scared of slipping. So we put a towel down for her to sit on and the next few baths went slightly smoother. And then the poop came! Three times in a row Rylin pooped in the bath! Not only did this get a negative reaction from both me and Kacia, but she would get so upset! So then we had to face the next hurdle- her fear of pooping again! My solution- a swim diaper. For the last couple of weeks now Rylin has bathed in a swim diaper, she has not had any accidents and is actually liking her time in the bath! In fact, she often stays in longer than Kacia! This is quite the milestone in our family!

No comments: