Wednesday, April 09, 2008

These are the Days of our Lives

So we have been doing a lot of staying at home lately. With my allergies and lack of energy, it just seems to be the best option- plus it's free! The girls are discovering all kinds of ways to stay busy and play together. Here they are "painting" the deck with water.

Since we weren't leaving the house this day, I allowed the girls to show some independence (and creativity) by dressing themselves. Rylin picked her very favorite pants- pink, shiny track pants and combined them with anything and everything pink (all varying shades!).

Kacia's outfit was really something. She put her gymnastic suit on over her underwear (which she often does) and then put her bathing suit bottoms on top of that, to hide the underwear of course. Earlier in the day, she was also sporting her pink leggings in between the gymnastic suit and bathing suit. Creative- yes, but fashionable, well... let's just say it was entertaining!

The girls are enjoying spring and are getting quite anxious for both Grandma's return and the arrival of baby brother. Speaking of whom, this baby better be one easy baby, sleeping and eating perfectly. I know that pregnancy is a huge blessing, so please don't get me wrong. I love feeling him move, and I thank God daily for the gift of allowing me to carry and grow him. But if my horrible, ugly, vein covered, aching legs weren't enough, I now must refrain from ice cream, cookies, coffee, and pretty much anything that tastes good thanks to gestational diabetes! My new, very strict diet is going to take some work, but the doctor is confident that if I am faithful in sticking to the diet both me and baby will be just fine, and in about 10 weeks +/-, I can return to my normal lifestyle.






2 comments:

Suzy said...

Cute, cute girls! I love it when they dress themselves.

And I may be joining your nice strict diet! I have to do the 3 hour test because I tested positive for diabetes too.

love you!

Miss Hamman said...

Hi Jenny~
Can you send me your address??? Also- do you have new email- the old one I have for you isn't working anymore... hope to hear from you soon! (hhamman@kconline.com)

Hilary