Monday, May 24, 2010

A Conversation With Rylin

Being that this is primarily a tool I use to remember my kids at various stages and the silly things they do- here is a fairly typical conversation with Rylin in the car (my car is NEVER quiet!!!)...
R: "Mom, when I grow up I want to be a pi... " (didn't hear the rest of it clearly- she is after all, all the way in the back of the van talking over the music and Lincoln's chattering)
So thinking she said 'pilot' I respond "Oh, you want to fly planes?"
R: "No, I want to be a pirate!"
M: "Oh, and what will you do as a pirate?"
R: "I will drive ships- pirate ships, and look for lost treasure."
M: "Okay, that sounds fun."
- She moves on to another topic, sings part of a song, and I think we are done with the pirate conversation. At least 5 minutes pass-
R: "Mom, do you know what pirate treasure is called- BOOTY!!!!" At which point she erupts into her contagious giggling, then Lincoln joins in laughing (although he is entirely clueless as to why he is laughing).
So thank you to the Berenstein Bears and their book about looking for "pirate booty" on their vacation trip to the beach- my daughter now has quite high and rather unusual aspirations!

No comments: